Friday, November 27, 2009

Method 11--Podcasts

I found the podcasts very interesting. I can see how this would be a great way of getting info across. I think this could be used in my library. Since I work in a elementary library with no full time para ( I have one para for 45 minutes each morning and then another para that comes in for about 30 minutes and then comes back in the afternoon for an hour) this might be a way for me to accomplish some of the teaching skills. I have started having check out one week and teaching and activities the next week. I often see times where it would be great to yell stopppp and do a mini lesson but often there just is not time. Podcasting might be a great way to solve this. I listened to a podcast that was a tour of the library and how to find books. This would be the sort of things I should try. I am making a list of things to do--how to find a book, using the online card catalog, research tips, note taking, how to use district websites, etc. This may be my goal for the spring to at least make one podcast---and then maybe spend my summer making more.

I am so glad I did this. I am finding things that I can us to make my job easier and more productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment